- Ageless: A Yogi’s Secrets to Long and Healthy Life by Sharath JoisT. Krishnamacharya, the father of modern yoga, lived a hundred years. His student the great Ashtanga master K. Pattabhi Jois, who taught celebrities like Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow, was 93 when he died. For the first time ever, Sharath Jois, the head of Ashtanga Yoga and Pattabhi Jois’s grandson, reveals the secrets behind the long and healthy lives of yogis. Packed with wisdom from the Vedas and anecdotes, a wealth of practical advice, tips and asana sequences, Ageless is the ultimate book on how we can prevent sickness and live healthy lives. [Watch now: 9 Quick Tips for a Healthy Life]
- Feel Fit Look Fantastic in 3-2-1 by Ramona Braganza:Ever wonder how Hollywood’s fittest stars, including Jessica Alba, Halle Berry, Anne Hathaway, Scarlett Johansson and Kate Beckinsale, achieved their amazing bodies? Look no further than this book! Now, after years of teaching her exercise and diet secrets to Hollywood’s elite, celebrity trainer Ramona Braganza reveals to all of us the secret weapons to their success. By combining her fitness secrets from the West in her signature 3-2-1 Training Method with the healthy foods from the East in her 3-2-1 Nutrition Plan, she provides a 3-2-1 Countdown of practical tools and motivational tips that are sure to get you feeling fit and looking fantastic! This step-by-step guide is a call to action! Start right now to lay the foundation to a healthier and happier you.
Ramona Braganza is best known for sculpting fit A-list bodies like those of Jessica Alba, Halle Berry, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Biel, Kate Beckinsale, Amanda Seyfried and Scarlett Johansson among women, and Zac Efron, Ryan Reynolds and Bradley Cooper among men.
- Eat Delete: The Anti-Quick Fix Approach by Pooja Makhija
Want to lose seven kilos in a month? Would you like to get that bikini bod in four weeks flat? Or do you want a ten-day solution to a sexier you? If you believe that weight loss is a race against time and a screeching, gasping sprint to the finish line, it is better you don’t read this book. There is no such thing as a ‘quick fix’ for weight loss. The key to a hotter you is to take it easy, really listen to your body, and make measured and sustainable nutritional and lifestyle changes. The starting point of any weight-loss programme doesn’t begin with what’s on your plate, it begins with what’s in your mind. Nutritionist to the stars Pooja Makhija gives you a combined mind-body holistic solution, a convenient, easy-to-use reference. So you can be in the best shape of your life. Every day from now on.
- Indian SuperFoods by Rujuta Diwekar:
Forget about acacia seeds and goji berries. The secret foods for health, vitality and weight loss lie in our own kitchens and backyards. Top nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar talks you through the ten Indian superfoods that will completely transform you.According to Rujuta research today is being guided by what your grandmother always knew. On its own nutrition science is not yet at a stage where it’s able to predict, as an example, the anti-depressant effects of say kaju or the anti-inflammatory properties of haldi. It needs to be guided and when it doesn’t look towards this guidance it ends up looking at food through a narrow window, focusing many times on a single nutrient, to create a superfood. [Read more: What the American Heart Association Got Wrong about Coconut Oil]
- The One Plan by Yogi Cameron:
A total life transformation programme that brings together the wisdom of Yoga and Ayurveda. In this revolutionary new programme, Yogi Cameron Alborzia presents an antidote to the typical New Year, New You offerings.
Why do we shortchange our lives and happiness by going for the quick-fix gimmicks that crowd the shelves each January? Rather than yet another 30-day programme, Yogi Cameron speaks to those who are truly looking to make a lifelong, lasting change in their health and happiness. In The One Plan, Yogi Cameron lays out a 52-week structure based on Patanjali’s message as well as the ancient medical system of Ayurveda; it delivers the proven authenticity of an ancient path but has been adapted to take your life in the modern world into account. As a practical and accessible guide to help you improve your life, The One Plan will provide you with specific exercises and regimens for crafting an effective daily routine; tips and reminders to become truly grounded in that routine; real-life stories and inspiration; practical tools for responding to life’s inevitable struggles and setbacks; and even a section on eating the Ayurveda way. By following The One Plan, you will live a life of health, balance, and purpose.
So, what are you waiting for?